Baby carriers are one of the cleverest inventions of all time and if you have experience parenting you’ll most likely agree. Considering the busy lifestyle that most of us live in, it is impossible to imagine going the day without having to leave the house. And unfortunately, when you become a parent of a newborn the scenario certainly doesn’t change.
Sure, you could take a few months off and disconnect from your daily routine to grant all of your time and energy for your baby. But soon enough you’ll start noticing that it’s impossible to stay indoors all the time. Regardless of whether there are errands to run on you simply want to enjoy the outdoors with you little one, you’ll need to leave the house and take them with you. Baby trolleys offer great support but what’s even better is having your baby right there snuggled close to you.
And that’s where the magnificent porte-bébé comes in handy. We’ve devoted this article to this special piece of equipment that you simply can’t go without if you’ve recently become a parent. We’ll share some of the top benefits of using a baby carrier and will offer advice on how to choose the right one for you.
What are the advantages of using a baby carrier?
Taking advantage of a baby carrier during your child’s first few months carries so many benefits. And they certainly stretch way beyond the most obvious benefit – transporting your baby.
- Social and cognitive skills
Research shows that a baby carrier can give your little one’s cognitive and social development a significant boost. Babies get very frustrated when left alone. On the contrary, when they are calm and happy they can spend this time learning new things about the environment and socializing with others.
Wearing your baby will allow them to experience the world from your point of view and will get them more involved in your daily activities.
- A great traveling solution
Sometimes, you might just want to put the stroller away and have your hands free to take on all the tasks of the day. Purchasing a baby carrier allows you to do this. It is almost as if you’re not carrying your baby, especially if you choose wisely. The more comfortable and suitable for your body the baby carrier is, the easier the day will go by without putting too much pressure on your shoulders, literally.
- It calms the baby
Getting your baby to calm down and stop crying once it becomes irritated is often a struggle parents face. Nothing seems to work! Well, if you’ve tried everything but it just doesn’t work maybe it’s time to try the baby carrier. Babies feel insecure when left alone and certainly enjoy receiving attention – especially from their parents. What better way to achieve these two things than by carrying your little one right in front of you?
- Boosts the immune system
Apart from the variety of advantages wearing your baby in a carrier has on your child’s mood, it also plays a vital role in its health and immune system. The skin-to-skin contact which is made possible when wearing this cool gadget and a must-have item for parents is priceless. Studies reveal that there is a connection between your baby’s good health and a strong immune system and the contact they have with you as a parent.
- Strengthens the parent-child connection
By carrying your child, there is a unique connection established between you two. This type of communication is impossible to substitute with anything else. Before your baby starts using language and verbal contact to express themselves, it is essential that you discover other ways to understand what they are experiencing and how they are feeling. And guess what, the baby carrier is a perfect way to do this. You will be able to feel every emotion that goes through their body and mind. You will be able to tell when they are hungry, tired, or require an urgent diaper change. This could save you so much time waste of trying to figure out what’s happening and why your little one is feeling unwell.
- Easier breastfeeding
Although not all parents are comfortable with this, if you want to explore this option it is certainly an alternative. There are mothers who have chosen to learn how to breastfeed their babies while babywearing and it seems to work. It even makes it easier. There are a lot of advantages that regular breastfeeding has on the child but this topic deserves a whole new article dedicated to it.
How to choose the right baby carrier
Now that we’ve covered some of the best benefits of a baby carrier you’re probably thinking about purchasing one yourself. Before you do that, we’d like to share a few pointers on how to make the best decision.
- Durability – When selecting your new baby carrier, make sure you choose one that will last longer. Ask what the maximum weight that it can carry is and think about how long you can exploit it before your baby becomes too heavy to be carried in it. Ideally, it should also have a front-facing position if you want your child to feel comfortable in it as they grow.
- Parent-friendly – The last thing you want is to spend ages trying to put the baby carrier on when you’re in a hurry. And believe us – if you haven’t noticed it yet, you’re likely to be in a hurry quite often during the first few years of parenting. Soft-structured carriers are very easy to put on and require no extra time and effort. Check what the directions for the carrier are before buying it and certainly test it, if possible.
- Convenience – Choosing the wrong carrier can be a negative experience both for you and the baby. To avoid this, make sure you are buying one that is extra comfy and gentle on the body. Make sure that your little one’s legs are in a comfortable and healthy “M” position, which is great for the hips. When it comes to your comfort, it’s essential to consider full back and shoulder support. After all, you might spend more time with the carrier than you are currently planning to.
- Fit – There are different types of carriers and each one will be able to adjust to your body in a different way. The caregiver should have ultimate comfort at all times as they will be carrying a lot of weight on their shoulders. Choosing wrong could lead to posture imbalance, back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, tense muscles, and so much more. Do yourself a favor and choose wisely from the beginning. This will save you money and time.
- Weather conditions – This may be a point that causes a bit of a surprise among some readers but that’s right, your baby carrier should also take into consideration your local climate during the seasons. Lightweight fabrics and breathable materials are ideal for the summer season. Alternatively, during winter you will probably enjoy heavy knits and extra padding, which is the perfect choice for your baby too! Make sure that they are cared for in the right temperature to keep them healthy and satisfied.
- Maintenance – We are all aware of the fact that babies are messy. They don’t do it on purpose but it’s just something that we must learn to deal with. Check to see if the baby carrier you’ve chosen is machine washable to ensure that you can easily maintain it in perfect shape and it remains clean for the safety of your little one. Also, carefully read the washing instructions before your first wash.
You’re ready for your baby carrier
It’s time for you to choose your new baby carrier. Check out our amazing genius allrounder baby carrier that allows you to carry your baby in all positions, provides support for your little one until they reach 36 months, and are 100% safe to use. In addition, the materials used for this product are fully breathable and comfy to use. You can use it throughout the full year as it has been designed to fit the different climates of all four seasons.
You can also take a look at our multifunctional baby carrier which is a premium choice with four ergonomic positions for complete flexibility and convenience. It can carry up to 20kg and is extremely durable.
We hope that this article has helped you become more informed about the choices out there and will support you in making the best choice for you and for your little one!